04 August 2017

#RPGaDAY 2017, day 2


What is an RPG I would like to see published? I'm not sure . . .

I asked my Dad this question and he gave me The Princess Bride. As of right now there is no published Princess Bride RPG I know about, but there is one being worked on which should be coming out soon.

Personally I don't see a reason to create a whole new RPG just for the Princess Bride; I would prefer a setting book. Maybe include state for a preferred system such as 5e. It is a fairly standard Fantasy realm and uses many of the tropes, so it would just be a matter of expanding on the lands of Florin and Guilder, the types of characters available for play, and some adventure hooks. A fairly simple affair with a lot of potential. No need to waste half the book detailing a new system or special rules adapting another system; just make it system neutral with some optional stat blocks as examples for a favored system.

Still I'm pretty excited for the upcoming Princess Bride game, and will probably buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment